August 18, 2021, 0 Comments
05 Types of SEO | Everyone Must Know
If most people think about SEO (even if they don’t focus on it directly), they automatically assume that it involves placing keywords on pages. Despite the importance of that aspect of different types of SEO, there is a lot more to it. A specific type of SEO is merely one part of that.
Getting high rankings on Google for keywords about your business depends on optimizing your website for search engine results. You can benefit from SEO in various ways, and it is one of the most effective digital marketing tactics you can use.
We’ve listed 5 SEO types that can help you rank better for the keywords you target. While you may not use all of them, gaining a better understanding of enhancing your ranking is always beneficial.
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Technical SEO
- Local SEO
- App store optimization
The first and foremost type of SEO is optimizing your website’s content is part of an on-page SEO strategy. It is also known as on-site SEO. Among these are keyword phrases, headers, meta titles, meta descriptions, images, etc.
In terms of on-page SEO, the following are the most important:
Determine what keywords and phrases you would like to rank for on search engines—a study on which keywords are relevant and have a high search volume but are less competitive. Once you’ve figured out your keywords, optimize your landing pages’ content and headers accordingly.
It would help if you optimized your page titles. Search engine optimization factors such as these are crucial. It is vital that users are interested in the page titles in the search results. Also, a page title should tell search engine bots what their content is about.
Make sure your H1 tag is optimized.
- SERPs will display the page title, but H1 tags represent the top heading of the page.
- Typically, optimized pages have just one H1 tag, and the H1 tag’s value matches the page title.
Make your headings as optimized as possible.
- Additionally, subheadings (H2, H3) must be present on a page along with the H1 tag.
- When browsing long-form content, the use of subheadings helps users and crawlers comprehend the content.
Search engines cannot understand what images represent if they are not correctly optimized. SEO of images requires factors such as filename optimization, file size optimization, and alt text optimization.
Without making the content more visually appealing, adding text and images to a page is not a good SEO practice. While Google can’t physically observe a page, the ranking process automatically takes into account how it looks, whether it has ads, popups, or other factors.
Among the types of SEO, Getting off-page SEO right means promoting your site. A website off-page SEO strategy uses techniques to enable the area outside the website, rather than focusing on the server’s infrastructure and content.
It is more likely for popular websites to rank higher on Google than those that are less popular.
Among the best ways to build links are:
You can publish your posts on many online publications and blogs. You should include a link to your company on the site and ensure it is relevant to your work.
See how your biggest competitors’ backlinks appear. Investigate where they acquire links and which sites will accept a connection.
Reporters may request insight from industry experts through Help a Reporter Out (HARO). It’s time for you to step up! When you provide a quote or information about your field of expertise, they will likely link back to your website.
A technical SEO strategy involves the actions that are taken to aid search engines in crawling your website. In addition to search engines becoming more complex, their algorithms change, so the requirements for this type of SEO change.
Your technical SEO efforts need to be efficient to ensure that Google doesn’t have any problems crawling your website.
Below are a few of the critical technical SEO guidelines:
- Make sure search engines can access your site correctly by checking and optimizing your robots.txt.
- Google Search Console will help you add your website to the index, so make sure you add your preferred domain to the list.
- COVERAGE is a helpful tool for finding and fixing crawl errors.
- Make an XML sitemap and submit it to all major search engines.
- The structure and URL of your site should be optimized.
- Ensure your website is SEO-friendly
- Ensure your website loads quickly on desktops and mobile devices.
Even though some companies are only online, thousands of companies have physical locations where they need customers. Your business won’t make money if customers do not come through the door. Therefore, SEO should take this into account.
All of your website’s pages should contain your business’s name, address, and contact details.
- Local Business schema should be included on your homepage
- Make sure your business is listed in Google My Business
- Ensure your business is registered with reliable directories such as Yelp, Yahoo small business, Foursquare, etc.
- Register your site with local directories and websites (for instance, with online local newspapers).
App Store SEO
In many ways, app store optimization is similar to on-page SEO. App store search algorithms use several factors, but you can influence fewer of them, so you should prioritize them.
- To optimize an online store, start with the homepage and the category pages. It is necessary to optimize these two types of pages before moving on to product pages.
- Utilize the keyword research results to optimize your product page.
- Your store’s visual elements (images, videos) must be optimized.
- (Product, offers, etc.) Be sure to add all the necessary schemas.
- Utilize social media networks to promote your shop
- Make it as easy as possible for people to link to your product page.
- It would help if you started a blog where you can share tips about how your products can solve problems for people.
Are you looking for SEO Services for your business? We have a team of digital marketing experts on hand to assist with any questions you may have. For more information about our services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today!